07 May 2011

traveler, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

After a lot of contemplation, I decided it would be a good idea to start a blog. The constant peer pressure was a bit of an influence as well, I suppose.



Anyhow, for as long as I can remember, I've wanted to travel. I have been lucky enough to have grown up in Hawaii where its amazingly multicultural. You can't help but feel intoxicated by the talk of all of these distant places off the rock. I've also been lucky enough to have been able to seize every opportunity to travel that has presented itself to me. This next year has been my newest project. I will try my best to keep up with this as I go forward with the next few months. It's defiantly something I hope I'll be able to keep up with as a reminder to myself of what I was doing when I was 21.   


This is what the next few months are going to look like: 
[June 8] Aloha Hawaii for the next year. 
              Arrive in California 
[June 13] Goodbye to California
 
[Semester at Sea] 
[June 14 - 17] Nassau, Bahamas
[June 27 - 30] Barcelona, Spain
[July 2 - 8] Naples / Civitavecchi, Italy
[July 11 - 14] Dubrovnik, Croaita
[July 17 - 21] Athens, Greece
[July 24 - 27] Varna, Bulgaria
[July 29 - Aug 2] Istanbul, Turkey
[Aug 8 - 12] Casablanca, Morocco
[Aug 20] Boston, MA, USA
[end SAS]


[Aug 23] Ontario, Canada


[Sep 7] University of Stirling, Scotland

_______________________________________________________________

Sadly, in the middle of that entire thing, I've forgotten to remind myself to breathe and enjoy. Semester at Sea is without a doubt, going to be one of the intense things I've done. Never thinking I was going to be able to even get into the summer program, the feeling is overwhelming. And even following the excitement of SAS, a year study abroad right after. I have a feeling I'll be missing home a lot more that I'm anticipating. But I know it'll all work out and be worth it in the end.


33 days and counting..


No comments:

Post a Comment